Chief Credit Officer
We are working with a high performing, ambitious, mission-driven FinTech looking to onboard their Chief Credit Officer. This Chief Credit Officer will play a critical role in creating a new, more flexible form of finance for consumers. This is an opportunity to help build and scale one of the most exciting FinTech's in New York, backed by some of the top Venture Capital and Credit firms in the US.
- Work closely with the CEO to set credit and pricing strategy
- Build out risk and credit decisioning infrastructure
- Create and implement a risk policy for presentation to debt providers to facilitate debt financing
- Present all performance related reporting such as portfolio performance, concentrations, approval targets, merchant specific performance, delinquency trends
- Create a comprehensive portfolio projection framework to anticipate deviation from expected target return on a cohort by cohort basis
- Oversee design and iteration of subprime specific underwriting models in both the online and offline merchant pathways
- Manage all external credit vendors including alt data providers for stability, identity, bank account, and income verification
- Create and own a quantitative risk roadmap
- Establish strong antifraud and manual verification of identity processes
- Lead a team of 3 with mandate to double the team every 6-12 months
- Work collaboratively with collections and servicing to optimize performance
- Deep quantitative skills to support strategic thinking about credit and pricing
- Experience with consumer lending risk models
- Strong analytical and technical frameworks
- Demonstrated high intelligence
- Experience owning strategic and credit roadmaps
- Experience scaling a team at either the executive or Senior VP level
- Experience in Subprime lending
- Fintech experience
If the above description sounds like you, then we'd love to hear from you! Please click on the "Easy Apply" button at the top of this page and follow the instructions to send us your application. Alternatively, feel free to drop an email to Steffan.Osman-Wiggan@Storm2.com if you prefer.
If you do have any additional information to support your application, then please add a note along with your CV.