At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High school diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum three years related in registration, insurance verification, financial counseling, and patient accounting required.
- Additional skills required: Customer service experience. Extensive knowledge of registration, insurance verification and precertification, managed care and financial counseling. Ability to work under pressure and in collaboration with a variety of individuals in various positions. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experience and competency in customer relation skills in a professional environment. Basic accounting and medical terminology. Experience in operating personal computers and Excel, Word and Access. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed.
- Additional skills preferred: Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws as they apply to charity care, agency assistance, and debt collection preferred. EPIC software experience.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".