Revenue Accountant III
Job Title: Revenue Accountant III
Manages revenue accounting cycle for multiple revenue streams, including hardware, software, maintenance, and services. Reviews customer contracts and determines accounting treatment in accordance with ASC606 guidance. Assists in month-end close and internal and external audits. Performs balance sheet account reconciliation and investigates the variances. Works with Operations, Sales, Customer Fulfillment, FP&A, IT and other teams to identify and solve the issues and ensure sales arrangement is accounted for correctly. This individual will ensure accuracy and compliance with US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Responsible for the monthly revenue close: review of transaction processing, preparation of and maintaining journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of revenue and deferred revenue.
- Works with cross-functional teams to identify and solve the issues and ensure the book is closed timely and correctly. Closes projects module and process intercompany transactions in project module and addresses the exceptions/issues to ensure a smooth close.
- Understands, performs JSOX controls, identifies control gap and improve the control where needed. Establishes accounting process for complex deals, new product offering and marketing program.
- Reviews customer contracts in accordance with ASC606 and perform accounting analysis to identify the potential revenue adjustments.
- Interprets technical revenue reporting requirements, rules and regulations and apply them to TGCS customer arrangements.
- Communicates the accounting treatments with non-Finance teams. May prepare technical memo for significant customer contracts for revenue recognition.
- Establish annual SSP for all TGCS products and services offerings by extracting source data and running certain programs/software.
- Explain the SSP process and results to related teams. Run SSP re-allocation job periodically to catch the accounting difference between ASC605 and ASC606. Validate the difference and ensure root cause of difference is understood well.
- Works with Engineering, Products and IT teams to ensure product items are set up correctly from a revenue recognition perspective and revenue flows to appropriate category. Identifies system (Oracle) issues that cause incorrect revenue recognition and deferred revenue movement and works with IT to resolve the issues.
- Prepares revenue forecast and metrics and communicates them with cross-functional teams
- Manages the audit requests from internal and external auditors and provides supporting documentation. Answers follow-up questions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination.
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a public accounting and/or corporate environment
- 2+ years of revenue accounting experience with good understanding of ASC606
- Experience working in a multi-segment and revenue stream company environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are required to communicate technical accounting requirements to non-technical audience
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong financial systems background
- CPA preferred
- Oracle experienced strongly preferred
- Experience working in a multicurrency, multinational environment
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy individual workload to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Able to handle stressful situations with ease and achieve deadlines
About the Company:
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic billion dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC, providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowe’s Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJ’s, or Costco? These are just a few examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base that made us the world's installed market share leader.
The nature of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping experience, let’s get together to drive the new economy.
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan w/ match
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal days
Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email email@example.com to request an accommodation
Durham, NC, USA
Apply for Revenue Accountant III
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly