- The successful candidate would be responsible for the end-to-end management of their tax department under the supervision of the Tax Director.
- The successful candidate would not be afraid to be hands on in their role and would offer leadership and guidance to a dynamic and vibrant tax team.
- The role is focused mainly on the management of the team, but the Tax Manager would also administer a small portfolio of top clients, which will include client consultations and assisting the tax director with more complex tax opinions and audit responses.
- Tax Practitioner, with a qualification in tax (BCom Hon. In Taxation, H.Dip. in Taxation or similar)
- The candidate must have at least 3 to 5 years post qualification experience
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience managing a tax department (preferably a team of 5 or more staff)
- Specialist and consulting experience with a solid knowledge of principles and theories
- Experience in writing tax opinions and responding to SARS Audit Queries
- Experience in the practical application of tax legislation and,
- Candidate must be confident to communicate directly with clients and staff in a professional and confident manner
- Good communication and inter-personal skills are essential
- Able to mentor junior staff members and help them gain experience and knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience handling billing, debtors, and WIP management would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Caseware Time and Taxware would be advantageous
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted