The ideal candidate should have completed some accounting certification, diploma or degree. This firm operates in a niche market and provides accounting services to many clients in and around the Winelands area.
If you have many years of experience, stay close to Somerset West and would like to be employed as an Accountant earning R20 000 R25 000 then this is the position for you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full bookkeeping and accounting function up to trial balance, including debtors, creditors, bank, petty cash, journals, etc.
- Performing bank reconciliations
- Monthly journal entries
- VAT calculations and VAT201 submissions
- VAT reconciliations
- Assistance with income tax and provisional tax submissions
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements
- Maintenance of SARS accounts
- Payroll preparation
- IRP5 calculations, reconciliations and submissions
- PAYE/UIF/SDL calculations and EMP201 submissions
- Liaison with clients
- Administrative duties
- BCom (Financial Accounting) or similar qualification
- Professional qualification will be advantageous
- Accounting qualification or certification
- Minimum of 1 years post articles experience in a similar position
- Experienced in an Accounting Practice environment is beneficial
- Working knowledge and experience with accounting packages
- Excellent communication skills in English and Afrikaans
- R20k to R25k pm