Senior Financial Analyst
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, high performing Sr. Financial Analyst to provide finance support to Gross Margin strategic initiatives for Abbott's US Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) based in Austin, TX. As a member of a cross-functional team, this highly visible position, is responsible for delivering analytics and business support to enable informed decision making by the GMI team, and senior management as well as in the preparation for performance summaries to be shared with senior leaders across the organization.
- Provide financial support for US Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Gross Margin Improvement (GMI) initiatives
- Collaborate with Finance and various functions within CRM to help drive sustainable profitability improvements and evaluate strategic projects
- Develop budgets and forecasts in support of annual Plan and quarterly LBE (Latest Best Estimate)
- Perform variance analysis and identify key drivers vs. benchmarks
- Conduct regular financial reviews with business partners of the GMI teams (Finance, GMI HQ, Commercial, Operations, Supply Chain, Marketing) to communicate financial performance and key business issues as well as provide valuable insight to help business achieve financial goals
- Creating active KPI dashboards and updating for output for monthly results vs. LBE.
- Participates in ad hoc analysis and reporting as required by finance management
- Provides routine reports to leadership
- Works with business partners to consolidate month-end analysis and provide commentary related to the financial close cycle
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Associates Degree
- 4 years minimum experience
- Previous experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience working with financial planning applications
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- 7+ years of experience performing financial and variance analysis, forecasting, planning, and financial modeling
- Medical device experience
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and SAP
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on