Sr. Financial Analyst
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our location in Lake County, IL currently has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst. Responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis to support Abbott's Nutrition business. Reports to Manager Nutrition Strategy and is responsible for managing key deliverables spanning across the organization. Supports the preparation and presentation of strategic project proposals and/or status updates to senior management. Supports the division in activities related to business strategies, management/executive reporting and presentations by providing financial leadership, direction and analysis, while working closely with senior business leaders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform complex financial analysis, as directed by management, and develop alternative courses of action by utilizing appropriate financial tools.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continued improvement and simplification of financial and business processes.
- Provide financial support and fully support achievement of financial plans, goals and objectives.
- Seek guidance and deliver proposed solutions on issues outside of normal scope.
- Support cross functional project teams and/or provide financial support to strategic projects.
- Prepare and support executive messaging.
- Serve as a dedicated financial support to the Division's Strategy team.
- Support division's KPI and business metric reporting.
- Prepare the ROI analysis of the global ERP initiative.
- Support executive leadership presentations (including BOD, Corp Officer).
- Perform and / or coordinate other ad hoc work as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance required. Degree in Bus Admin may be considered.
- 4-7 years related experience beyond the degree; or Master's degree plus related experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
- Utilize computer software applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to complete tasks
- Very organized with good interpersonal, communication, and presentations skills.
- Clearly, concisely and accurately communicate with others through various means.
- Balance demands of a variety of customers with potentially conflicting goals.
- Meet deadlines and balance workload requirements.
- Accountable for meeting critical project deliverables.
- Manage cross functional projects and work effectively in a team environment.
- Form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships.
- Interact with finance and non-finance professionals at all levels.
- Operate independently with broad scope of responsibility under minimal supervision and under challenging time constraints.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of financial processes, accounting methodologies and division-specific operations.
- Wide ranging financial experience, including planning, reporting, and controls.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off - 3 weeks + 3 personal days and vacation buy program (new hire vacation is prorated based on start date)
- Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on
Learn more about Abbott at and about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities, connect with us at , on Facebook at and on