Principal Auditor Data Analytics
- Full Time
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Internal Audit conducts audits and reports the results of our work to the Audit & Examinations Committee of the Board of Directors. We provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services delivered through a highly competent and diverse team. As a business partner, Audit helps the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Internal Audit is separated into individual audit teams specializing in a line of business, risk type or coverage area. This position will be a part of our Chief Operating Office (COO) Customer Remediation (primarily Consumer & Small Business Banking and Consumer Lending).
The COO Customer Remediation audit team is part of the third line of defense and conducts remediation validation primarily for Consumer & Small Business Banking and Consumer Lending lines of business. COO implements a Remediation Coverage Program driving remediation validation efforts for regulatory findings across Audit. Throughout remediation activities, our vision is to provide perspective, influence, and challenge regarding the company's governance, risk management, and execution of remediations.
- Facilitating the identification of opportunities to utilize data analysis in the assessment of risk and controls.
- Navigating within large complex technology environments to locate, validate, extract, and format data for data analysis testing.
- Effectively documenting the analysis in accordance with audit policy.
- Training and mentoring audit teams in the use of data analysis and data analysis tools.
- Partnering with assigned audit teams to build expertise in the use of data analysis within the internal audit function.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following audit or risk functions: covering risk identification, mitigation and management (includes audit, legal, operational risk, compliance risk, credit risk, market risk, technology risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for risk.) demonstrated through work or military experience
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- 2+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Ability to develop operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience effectively documenting the analysis in accordance with audit policy
- Strong regulatory knowledge, particularly related to consumer businesses and banking
- Issue validation and remediation experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Certifications in analytics space:
o SAS Certified Big Data Professional
o SAS Certified Data Scientist
o Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences
o Certified Analytics Professional
o Data Mining and Applications Graduate Certificate (university specific)
- Experience in data processing, database programming, and/or data analytics.
- SQL or SAS programming experience including automation solutions of medium to high technical complexity.
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo businesses, systems of record, and data warehouses.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit for benefits information.