Senior Finance Officer
The Senior Finance Officer works in a small team that provide essential financial, accounting, system helpdesk support and Government compliance functions to DSH Insurance.
DSH Insurance is seeking a highly motivated, outcomes focused individual to assist in the general financial operations of DSH Insurance including financial and management reporting, budgets and executive and Board reporting and statutory financial reports.
Successful individuals will have accounting qualifications and or financial/accounting experience. Also, excellent analytical abilities, good judgement, and excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of government accounting and procurement processes would be an advantage and general insurance or financial services industry experience is highly desirable.
This position can be located in Brisbane or Canberra.
The key duties of the position include:
• Daily banking processes including uploading receipts and transaction information to MAVIS, reconciling the operating account and sending instruction files to our financial institutions.
• Provide technical and financial helpdesk support to MAVIS users.
• Preparation of various management accounting reports to inform the leadership team of the performance of the Scheme.
• Preparation of reinsurance related reports.
• Improve and develop procurement procedures and controls to ensure DSH Insurance's compliance in all areas of procurement including proper approvals, record management, and proper financial treatment of contracts.
• End of month financial processes including, but not limited to: Revenue reporting, BAS lodgement, General Ledger and Supplier reconciliations, and month end journals.
• Preparation and collation of system and financial data for the monthly Executive Report.
• Supervise the claim satisfaction survey which includes posting the surveys, collating the results and reporting to management.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen to apply.
A merit pool will be established that may be used to fill similar positions within the next 12 months.
DVA embraces and fosters a culture that supports diversity, inclusion and respect, where people are empowered to fulfil their potential. We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people that identify as LGBTIQ+, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
DVA is committed to improving the data skills and capability of our workforce to underpin our goal of becoming a leading data-driven organisation.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability