The Dragon School has an exciting Assistant Accountant opportunity in their Oxford based team.
£26,800 per annum
Assistant Accountant - The Role:
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the Fees/Sales Ledger, including ensuring that all fees and additional charges are included on school bills.
They will also maintain a tight control over fee debt within the School, ensuring appropriate action is taken to chase any overdue debt and escalate when required. They will also work extensively around the School's cashbook, understanding when payments have been made for fees.
They need to ensure a professional attitude in dealing with invoicing and queries from parents as well as School Staff, particularly in relation to collating chargeable extra activities.
Assistant Accountant - Duties and
The School is expecting someone who:
- Has excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Must be numerate and have a keen eye for detail
- Must be good at organising and planning own workload
- Has a mature attitude, is trustworthy and discreet to ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Thinks and acts with confidence
- Has good interpersonal skills, communication and team working
- Is conscientious
- Is able to deal with sensitive information and demonstrate a tactful and confidential approach
- Has experience of working in a professional accounts environment
Assistant Accountant - Benefits:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer offers a minimum of 4% contribution to a Group Personal Pension
- Life Insurance 3x gross salary
- Access to swimming pool during certain periods
- Meals provided during working hours in school term time
Closing date for applications: Monday 5 April
To submit your CV for this exciting Assistant Accountant opportunity, please click 'Apply' now.