Our client is a highly successful and growing firm of accountants. Their outsourcing team now need an additional experienced Bookkeeper to join their team in Newbury. You will need to be highly organised and be happy to undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients including processing of invoices, expenses and payments.
You will be based in the Newbury office, although there will be a need to travel to our clients' premises from time to time. There will be a regular requirement to be in the office but, if desired, and by agreement some of aspects of the role could be fulfilled by working from home.
It is expected that the candidate will be either be a part qualified AAT student or qualified by experience. If the candidate is on a study path then a study package will be offered.
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients including processing of invoices, expenses and payments
- Using Xero, QBO, Autoentry, Dext and other cloud-based technology and apps.
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Composing correspondence to clients
- Undertake specific accounting projects for clients
- 2 years + Bookkeeping experience
- Experience of Xero, QBO and use of cloud-based technology
- Experience of Sage and other accounting applications an advantage but not essential
- VAT experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Client focused
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to operate strict deadlines
- Able to prioritise their work loads so that they can deliver efficiently to both the outsourcing team and the firm's clients.