Risk Project/Business Manager
- Achieves and sustains a detailed awareness of the R&G agenda, objectives, and longer-term future.
- Engage positively into developing R&G into a robust team, through engagement and development activities across the function.
- Supports the CCO and their Leadership team in effective performance of their communications and governance responsibilities. Co-ordinating key events and communications
- Proactively ensures we are fully prepared in all instances to produce accurate board Reports, MI and insight
- Production of high-quality materials for presentation and speeches for internal and external events, for a range of audiences.
- Develops, maintains, and implements a partner management plan on behalf of the CCO leadership team.
- Facilitate investment decisions for UKGI R&G wide projects and ensure they are doable, affordable, and appropriately prioritised.
- Ensure programmes & projects are set up for success by analysing and challenging strategically alignment, cost makeup, benefit outcomes, resource requirements, risk considerations, and business architectural and system impacts.
- Provide regular high-quality analytics on the performance of UKGI R&G projects to drive decisions on prioritisation and track progression against plan.
- Build strong partner relationships across the team and business.
- Develop a strong understanding of the strategic direction of the business area linked to customer, IT, financial, and colleague drivers, to be able to make strong credible interventions in crafting and evolving the project work.
Skills & experience required:
- Broad General Insurance business knowledge and understanding, to supply to management decision-making
- Excellent organisation, planning & facilitation abilities
- Financial understanding, and competent budget management
- Programme Management experience
- Knowledge of Risk & Regulation, Compliance
- Understanding of our internal risk frameworks and proficient in use of iCare and Qlik
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.