As the GRAHAM business continues to grow, we are seeking for an enthusiastic Financial Accountant with a minimum 1 year post qualified experience.
Working directly for the Divisional Financial Controller, this is an interesting and varied for someone looking for a first move into industry or a step up in responsibility commercially. This role will also provide the opportunity to work on system development and data analytics/business intelligence projects.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assisting in the monthly management accounts process, including:
- P&L and balance sheet reconciliations to the financial reporting system.
- Adherence to cut-off dates with timely preparation, compilation, and review of relevant documentation.
- Ensuring appropriate cost categorisation.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for Joint Ventures; and
- Analysing Project Costings and monthly cost movements; providing a challenge function to the commercial reporting.
• Monthly customer cash forecasting, and the tracking of related raising of invoices and cash receipts.
• Preparation and explanation of internal and external KPI reports.
• Assisting with the budget and forecasting processes.
• Provide assistance in the compliance of all divisional corporate tax requirements (incl HMRC construction industry specific tax requirements), and the implementation of any changes in legislation.
• Design reports to provide pertinent management information and use to interrogate transactions.
• Highlight any weaknesses in compliance or internal controls and recommend / implement improvements.
• Investigate IT accounting issues and instigate appropriate corrective action. Interconnect with appropriate IT staff or consultants where required.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the finance areas of the ERP system, and connected reporting systems.
• Assisting in the year-end external audit process including preparation of supporting schedules and compilation and review of supporting documentation.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Financial Accountant and the range of duties to be undertaken.