Corporate Finance and Treasury Executive
At British Land we manage, develop and finance a portfolio of high quality properties. We are a FTSE100 company structured as a Real Estate Investment Trust. Places People Prefer is at the heart of what we do, we create outstanding places that make a positive difference to people's everyday lives. We are proud of the scale of our portfolio: Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties. They are visited around 350 million times each year and over 1,000 different organisations have chosen of our properties as their home. We have £18.2bn assets under management of which we own £13.7bn; our portfolio includes UK retail, Central London offices and prime residential. We have a small head office of around 250 people and outsource many aspects of our business; the size of our team encourages increased responsibility and entrepreneurialism.
Role Title Treasury & Corporate Finance Executive
Location York House
Reporting to Hursh Shah , Head of Capital Markets
At British Land we own or manage a high-quality UK commercial property portfolio focused on London Offices and Retail around the UK. As at 31 March 2020, the portfolio is valued at £14.8bn (British land share: £11.2bn) making us one of Europe's largest listed real estate investment companies.
Our strategy is to provide places which meet the needs of our customers and respond to changing lifestyles - Places People Prefer. We do this by creating great environments both inside and outside our buildings and use our scale and placemaking skills to enhance and enliven them. This expands their appeal to a broader range of occupiers, creating enduring demand and driving sustainable, long term performance.
Sustainability is embedded throughout our business. Our places, which are designed to meet high sustainability standards, become part of local communities, provide opportunities for skills development and employment and promote wellbeing.
We are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Our small expert team works alongside other expert people on some of the most ambitious, innovative projects in the country, and we are committed to offering our people a rewarding career journey where you can shape how you grow.
Our Places and People have a commitment to treat everyone equally, irrespective of your age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity. If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you've come to the right place!
A varied role as a member of the Treasury team, including providing assistance with projects as they arise, and working closely with teams across the business including property, finance and tax.
Financing - b ank and c apital markets debt for BL and its JVs/Fund
- Provide support to Treasury team
- monitoring and analysing new finance opportunities; and
- running and reporting of existing debt facilities and relationships
- Assisting with analysing and negotiation of financing terms, preparation of marketing materials and documentation and execution of required financing transactions
- M anagement of designated existing debt facilities ( including covenants/ compliance)
- Debt investor relations activity
- Involvement in interest rate risk management/ hedging activity
- Involvement in rating agency / trustee and other stakeholder workstreams
- Update the EMTN programme, Sustainable Finance Framework, and manage the ESG debt reporting
Joint Ventures and Funds
- Contribute to management of BL geared/ structured Joint Ventures
- Review of designated quarterly board packs before board meetings
- Presentation of corporate and finance related items in JV Board meetings
- Liaising with Joint Venture partners on cash and debt management as required
- Working with BL tax and accounting functions/ external service providers
- Support the business with executing and analysing corporate and property transactions, particularly structured finance transactions
Other ad hoc work as part of the team
- Professional qualification (ACA/ CFA/ ACT or equivalent)
- Several years of r eal estate/ transaction/ banking/ legal experience beneficial
- Strong communication skills, including ability to produce well thought through, clearly expressed schedules and papers
- Numerate with strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage a portfolio of responsibilities, prioritise and meet tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Highly organised with strong teamwork and project management skills
British Land employees are committed to living our values and promoting an inclusive, positive and collaborative culture.
Bring your whole self
- Confident, pro-active, hardworking and highly professional individual
- Treats everyone equally
- Seeks out, accepts and acts on feedback
- Awareness of and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good team player, with positive attitude and eagerness to get involved
- Self-starter who uses own initiative
- Flexibility - able to deal with different levels of workload, remaining calm under pressure
- Willing to learn new skills and tools
- Works to a high standard and always strives to improve
Please note that we endeavour to get back to all applicants within 28 days. If you haven't heard from us within this period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.