• Run reports from eFinancials using BOXi to extract details of financial transactions to review both pay and non-pay transactions to ensure financial reports reflect an accurate position of the expenditure to date for the directorate, identifying and posting correcting journals where required.
• Reconcile the staffing establishment for their directorate(s) against the budget, investigating any discrepancies and informing the appropriate department of the correcting action to be taken.
• Using knowledge of accounting principles identify accrual and prepayments required and post to the appropriate financial period.
• Produce the first draft of the Variance Analysis report (VAR) including explanations of the variances, investigating any unusual results and reporting their findings to the Finance Manager.
• Support the Finance Manager in meetings with the Directorate to discuss the Initial Variance Analysis report, and process any amendments as required. Take notes/minutes at review meetings and ensure actions required are completed.
• Analyse financial transactions to support the reporting within the Annual Accounts process.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual operational plan for the directorate ensuring financial information is entered onto the planning system accurately and in line with the planning timetable.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis as required by the Directorate and senior Finance team colleagues.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable financial and budgetary experience.
• Extensive experience of using MS Excel for financial reporting and analysis.
• Experience of maintaining computerised records and producing reports and statistics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive and effective relationships with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
• Ability to plan and organise a range of complex activities to achieve tight deadlines
• Ability to respond constructively to complex queries and complaints
• Strong decision-making abilities and analytical skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good working knowledge of current legislation regarding the capture, storage and use of data
• Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload effectively
• Ability to demonstrate a high degree of tact and diplomacy at all times
• Effective listener and strong negotiation skills
• Self-motivated and capable of acting on own initiative
• Ability to work under pressure to achieved objectives and deliver within tight deadlines
• Committed to keep up with changes in legislation and organisational procedures
• Experience of using eFinancials reporting tools including BOXI
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please get in touch.