Management Accounts Assistant
Are you an exceptional individual looking to make a real difference? Are you ready for a new and exciting challenge? Are you interested in a long-term career in Finance?
Yes? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. If you would like to join our team and make a real difference, now and in the future, we want to hear from you.
At NPH, our mission is to provide homes which enable people to live happy and healthy lives in enriched communities. We are making great progress and delivering significant improvements to tenants' homes and the services we provide.
We are looking for a Management Accounts Assistant with enthusiasm and ambition to come on our exciting journey. You need to be on your way to gaining a qualification in Finance and we will provide you with the support to do so.
We need a strong team player who can inspire, engage and communicate effectively at all levels. This role is varied and includes overseeing the processing of all orders and goods receipting for the Asset Development team, ensuring timely payments, providing supplier reconciliations, assisting with the preparation of management information. This role will also be responsible for reviewing and reallocating costs, providing detailed analysis of key expenditure to support the Finance Business Partner, system reconciliations and promote good working relationships with suppliers escalating where necessary. In addition, you will be responsible for the preparation, analysis and quarterly capital reporting required by our parent organisation (West Northamptonshire Council). We will provide you with the support to develop your management accounting skills and introduce you to Business Partnering.
It would be helpful to have some experience of working in Finance, but the desire to do so is essential. It is also desirable to be AAT qualified, studying towards ACCA or CIMA. You need to be able to work as part of a team or independently. The role will expose you to all levels of people, so you need to have good communication skills. You also need to be willing to take on new challenges, using your problem-solving skills to think outside of the box.
We are looking for someone with:
• AAT Level 3 qualified
• Studying towards ACCA/CIMA
• Grade A-C GCSE English and Maths
• Intermediate excel user
• Purchase ledger experience
• Experience of preparation of monthly reconciliations
• Experience of using Agresso
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
• Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate good time management
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Desire to deliver continual improvement through problem solving
• Ability to work as part of a team showing respect for colleagues
• Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
• Effective communicator with finance and non-finance colleagues
• Flexible, can-do attitude, adaptable approach and shares information
• Open and honest demonstrating ethical and accountable behaviour
• Good interpersonal and customer service skillsIf you feel you meet our aspirations, please apply as below.