Product Control contract
- Preparing the daily profit and loss account for trading desks, involving an assessment of the nature ofrevenue generated in the context of market moves and risk held as well as reconciliation between front office systems and sub-ledger as well as the firm's general ledger.
- Producing and reviewing profit and loss attribution and commentary for the bank's trading, investing andnew issuance businesses.
- Intelligently reviewing trading activity with the objective of informing a view around the valuation of theportfolio and also highlighting anything unusual or material to management. Identifying any trades bookedincorrectly in the firm's trade processing systems.
- Production and analysis of the balance sheets for a trading desk and understanding and explanation of
- Preparing monthly accounts for posting to the firm's general ledger and producing/reviewing relevantexternal disclosures.
- Monthly price verification review and challenge of trader inputs into inventory pricing as well as incrementalasessment of less observable inputs.
- To interact effectively and pro-actively with traders and their management.
- Assessing risk inherent in trading positions, whether market, compliance or reputational risk etc.
- Developing an in depth knowledge of products and market awareness.
- Understanding of the impact of Regulatory Capital rules on a trading desk's ongoing and new business.
- Ensuring compliance with all the Firm's financial reporting requirements.
- Account and monitor for the Firm's secured and unsecured financing activities.
- Liaising with other Federation departments in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity.
- Degree Preferred
- Have a qualification as a Chartered Accountant, or other relevant professional financial qualification (e.g
- CFA). We will also consider part-qualified candidates currently on other bank ACA/or similar programme
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003