Audit & Assurance Trainer
Every company has both tangible and intangible assets. While not appearing on balance sheet, the biggest asset a professional services firm has is its people. ORBA seeks an individual with audit and assurance experience who is looking to transition to a non-client facing training role. This person who work with the Head of Audit to create and implement Audit & Assurance topic training for all levels of the Audit Department.
It is critical for engagement teams to not only know WHAT to do and HOW to do it in compliance with professional and regulatory standards…but also WHY they are doing it. It is only with the understanding of WHY that personnel can make sound qualitative judgments about improving efficiency.
Some training is able to be obtained “on-the-job” with proper supervision and review. However, it is essential for quality and profitability for CPA Firms to purposefully invest in other forms of training.
Essential Job Functions:
This individual will be critical to the development of the role, content and delivery methods for the Firm. The role provides an opportunity to work closely with leadership, key staff and other outside sources to provide the learning that is essential to the Firm’s future success in this constantly changing environment. This role provides opportunities to:
- Own the design and development of learning content within a curriculum, going deeper into knowledge of the content area
- Support curriculum maintenance by proactively determining needs, connecting external and internal changes to curriculum impact
- Work with Subject Matter Experts on new course development, refreshes or transformations of existing curriculum to build technical knowledge
- Contribute to and execute alternative approaches to development when needed
- Develop points of view on opportunities, formal and informal, to further build capabilities
- Work with firm and other alliance resources on strategic initiatives, including exploration of leading-edge development tools and techniques
- Contribute to the development of the Audit & Assurance staff
- Work with Head of Audit to develop competencies for Audit & Assurance staff. Develop a learning program to support competencies needs
- Build professional network and relationships: Increase visibility and gain experience partnering with other alliance firms and sources to support the Audit & Assurance business strategy through learning.
- Help to create a learning culture within the firm and achieve shared goals of individuals and the firm
- Validate training to make sure it is up to date and meets firm specific on demand needs and conduct a gap analysis of current training materials
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance and a CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting & audit experience in public accounting with experience in a medium to large sized public accounting firm. Knowledge of audit and assurance required.
- Ability to research A&A topics
- Outstanding written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and results based environment
- Strong leadership, business development, training, coaching and mentoring skills
Apply for Audit & Assurance Trainer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly