HintonBurdick CPAs & Advisors, an established and respected regional public accounting firm with offices in Arizona, Nevada and Utah, is seeking a talented, experienced, full-time Audit Associate to join our team in St. George, Utah. This position provides opportunities for advancement and promotion throughout your professional career.
You will oversee a wide variety of diversified and challenging assignments, while ensuring the delivery of quality client service and maintaining profitable client relationships. You will also be responsible for coaching and developing team members and participating in business development activities. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their audit functions.
The Audit Associate will be responsible for preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary, and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position will also be involved in performing compilation, review, and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
- Masters in Accountancy or equivalent required.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in public accounting firm.
- Experience in governmental and non-profit accounting preferred.
- None required, but should be working toward obtaining a CPA license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools beneficial.
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit - Knowledge of internal accounting controls and professional standards and regulations (GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style and messaging to effectively communicate with professionals at all levels both within the client organization and the firm.
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and within a team environment
- Solid analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions.
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy.
- Strong project management skills.
Apply for Audit Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly