Senior Financial Analyst
A qual or part qualified and highly excel literate accountant is needed for this Senior Finance Analyst role.
Your new company
My client is a special and armed police force responsible for providing law enforcement and security at any relevant nuclear site and for security of nuclear materials in transit within the United Kingdom. The force has over 1,500 police officers and support staff and are based on the Culham Science site, near Abingdon.
Your new role
To co-ordinate financial performance across the organisation, provide strategic and operational financial analysis and modelling and deputise for the Head of Financial Management as required.
You will report to the Head of Financial Management, act as the deputy and lead, manage and develop specific financial analysts but have no direct budgetary responsibility. The jobholder co-ordinates the provision of a full Financial Analyst service to the whole of the organisation and is responsible for building and maintaining constructive relationships with external and internal stakeholders. you will work closely with the Finance Business Partners to ensure quality financial information and advice is provided for high risk and complex requirements as identified by colleagues and to support informed decisions by senior management.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part Qualified and actively studying towards a professional qualification with a recognised accountancy body, (ACA,ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA), with a minimum of two years' experience in an accountancy environment within industry/public sector.
- Highly competent and experienced in the use of Enterprise Resource systems and MS Office applications, especially advanced Microsoft Excel skills will be essential as you will be expected to maintain, develop and build financial models.
- Experience of staff management.
- Effective communication skills to successfully manage interactions with external stakeholders (SLC representatives) and internal stakeholders, (i.e., Dept. Heads, Divisional Commanders, Operational Unit Commanders and their staff);
- A high degree of numeracy, technical and analytical skills and the ability to question current ways of working
- Strong organisational skills and a methodical approach to tasks.
- Proactive, high energy, result oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines
- The experience of and ability to manage a small team to achieve results.
- Willingness to work in a national environment communicating with colleagues in various locations
- The post holder must comply with Equalities Legislation and promote equality, diversity and inclusivity through their daily interactions. The post holder must avoid any behaviours which discriminate against others on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, political opinion or trade union membership.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
A generous salary plus a £1500.00 living allowance.
Well above statutory pension scheme.
Free parking on site, in countryside location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Financial Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly