Business Analyst - Payroll
The Business Analyst will be the primary liaison between project resources and various business units in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and IT applications/systems. He/She acts as a consultant for business problems and opportunities and may provide insight for possible solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
The Business Analyst takes an active role in extrapolating high-level business and user requirements into quality functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on those requirements.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community and the development teams through which requirements flow
- Conducts interviews and leads requirements gathering sessions with business representatives to elicit and document business requirements for system development.
- Elicit and write business and system functional and non-functional requirements including usability, reliability, performance and support requirements of a system
- Effectively communicate issues to business customers and elicit feedback for applications programmers and technology solution providers
- Develop/maintain use cases and workflow scenarios
- Works with Application developers / contractors to analyze and develop conceptual design of system components
- Oversee User Acceptance Testing
- Applies use of tools to define requirements and documentation
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for assigned projects and processes
- Conducts issue triage and escalation as it relates to requirements/technical issues for the client/project
- Acts as Post-Launch Subject Matter Expert for internal and external contacts
- 5 or more years' experience in a Business Analyst Capacity
- MUST have payroll experience
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- BS/BA Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Information Systems preferred
- Expected to perform as a senior contributor with minimal supervision
- Able to work directly with clients to understand business requirements on a project basis
- Ability to understand the client area's functions and systems
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Experience/exposure to business analysis methodology, process improvement methodology, project and risk management and industry related tools