Senior Financial/Pricing Analyst
As a Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting & Finance, you will support the creation and maintenance of complex financial models, capital allocation decisions, transaction closings/fundings, new and existing customer contracts and help to ensure compliance of financing covenants. You will work closely with other teams, including Commercial Sales and Legal in addition to external stakeholders such as banks, strategic partners, prospective and existing customers, and tax equity investors. We are looking for a dynamic and commercially minded individual with strong analytical and communications skills. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years of extensive financial modelling experience within a financial institution, renewable energy company, an independent power producer, regulated utility or technical manufacturer. A background in capital markets is favorable. A strong desire to be part of the clean energy transition (e.g. hydrogen, carbon capture, renewable natural gas) and make a difference is a must. This position is located at our headquarters in Danbury, Connecticut.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the creation and management of financial models to support the finance and business development organizations. This position will be within the Accounting & Finance organization and report directly to the Senior Vice President, Finance and Strategic Development.
- Finance point person for both the sales and finance organizations to provide analysis and support for the closing of commercial sales, construction financings, term loan conversions and tax equity investments.
- Assist in the financial evaluation of major investment decisions and customer contracts including asset sales and long-term contracts (e.g. power purchase agreements).
- Work in partnership with the Commercial Sales team to evaluate new business opportunities, undertake benchmarking exercises, help price deals and drive sales contracts to successful completion.
- Collaborate with the Commercial Sales and Finance teams to develop appropriate assumptions for project models; support customers / financing partners in optimizing project and existing asset returns. This includes proforma model development, analysis of regulatory incentives / tax benefits and financing opportunities (i.e. equity, debt, tax equity investments, partnership flips).
- Build and maintain standard and bespoke corporate and project finance models to ensure financial analysis integrity throughout the project and customer sale evaluation process.
- Analyze, propose and assist in the negotiation of project finance and capitalization strategies.
- Assist in supporting and expanding relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. tax equity investors, strategic partners, lenders, existing and prospective customers, etc.).
- Participate across an array of finance activities including but not limited to: capital raising efforts (debt / equity offerings), asset monetization and mergers and acquisitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Accounting
Experience: 2-4 years in Finance or Business and Project Development