- Maintaining, updating and improving the cost accounting process. Will have to stay up-to-date on the latest statutory and GAAP standards.
- Taking an active part in the monthly close by running and validating the allocations within our Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system as well as the annual and quarterly Statutory statement reporting process. Includes preparing journal entries and maintaining the drivers and factors used in the allocation and accounting models.
- Assisting in developing and implementing relevant cost methodologies and accounting models; including meeting with colleagues to explain the allocations process and how it affects financial outcomes, reviewing allocation factors and methodologies and implementing improvements and changes when needed.
- Creating and reviewing analytical reports and leading ad hoc projects as needed.
- Working with Information Technology (IT) to support the cost allocation system and resolve ongoing production issues.
- Creating and maintaining effective and positive relationships within the organization including Financial Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Risk Management, IT, Actuarial, and Product Management.
- Collaborating with state regulators and internal audits to ensure compliance of Statutory, GAAP and Model Audit Rule (MAR) accounting rules
What would make us excited about you
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field.
- 8+ years of related finance experience with growing levels of responsibility.
- Profit and loss statement management and/or analysis experience.
- Solid understanding of Statutory/GAAP accounting and cost accounting standards.
- Experience with financial accounting systems, e.g. Oracle Cloud, Hyperion.
- Cost allocation experience within an insurance company preferred.
- Outstanding modeling & analytical skills.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Highly proficient modeling and analytic skills preferred.
JustinBradley is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.