We are seeking a skilled Management Accountant (preferably recently-qualified) to join an exciting high profile business based in Reading. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you'll provide accurate & timely delivery of financial statements and monthly management accounts, carry out a broad range period-close & reporting activities and frequently communicate reporting information to the wider business.
The company is experiencing an exciting growth phase and they are seeking to recruit a number of talented Management Accountants into their expanding finance teams. This is a highly rewarding & progressive organisation which has seen numerous promotions within the finance department during 2021.
You'll be a key member of the team focusing on delivery of a range of accounting activities including preparation of financial statements and monthly management accounts, providing variance analysis, P&L review, balance sheet reconciliation, VAT returns, financial reporting and liaising with external auditors. Ideally you'll be confident with system and procedural changes, with knowledge of IFRS/UK GAAP and previous experience gained either in an accountancy practice, or in a multi-entity organisation within industry.
This fast-paced role is well suited to an established accountant (or auditor) who is proven in delivering of a broad range of month end tasks and is adaptable, can challenge the norm and can play a key role in improving processes and procedures.
We'd like to hear from candidates with the ability to deliver:
- Completion of financial statements and management accounts with variance analysis (ideally you will have prepared accounts for clients, or on behalf of a business with multiple entities)
- Balance sheet reconciliations, using your judgement to highlight & investigate variances, providing supporting commentary to stakeholders as required
- Process improvement
- Competency with financial systems, ideally ERP software - efficiently extracting, interpreting and manipulating large volumes of data
- Knowledge of IFRS/UK GAAP
- Liaising with auditors
The successful candidate will be a commercially aware, qualified individual with the ability and desire to have a significant impact on business decisions within a continually developing & changing organisation.
You will be a self-motivated, determined and proactive individual, with the drive to deliver outstanding results. A methodical and logical approach to the analysis of information, focusing on the accuracy and quality of your work is essential, yet with the versatility to contribute creativity and innovative thinking. You should be able to take a different perspective when developing solutions, whilst considering all the appropriate factors when making a firm decision.
If you're a qualified auditor or accountant with the ability to work autonomously and confidently in a dynamic, changing business environment, this is the ideal role for you!
- Attractive basic salary up to £45,000 + Extensive Benefits + Annual Bonus
- Opportunities to progress to senior roles in the future
- Scope to influence and shape financial processes & procedures
- Business-wide communication with numerous key stakeholders
- Potential first step into industry for ACA/Audit/Practice background candidates