Account Officer - Part time (22.5 hours a week) (eCreators) Australia, Melbourne (13590)
The role will be performed in a way that adheres to eCreators values, policies and procedures and organisational standards in particular quality and service standards as well as adhering to relevant legislation.
The key accountabilities of this role encompass duties that principally relate to the job purpose and may include other duties that are incidental or peripheral to the job purpose.
Duties of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
● Reconcile all bank accounts in Xero daily
● Address any queries - eg unable to identify receipt or payment
● Process overseas creditor payments as requested
● Upload credit card transactions to Xero
● Creditors - Enter into Xero - obtain PO from HO Finance - ensure all purchases are entered for the month - prepare batch payments
● Debtors - Prepare invoices in Xero and email to clients - Update LMS Hosting schedule - follow up outstanding debts - process credit card payments - manage credit card payment schedule - follow up queries from customers
● Process monthly management journals -
● Payroll accruals
● Revenue recognition adjustment
● Prepare and lodge Annual WorkCover Declaration
● Prepare and lodge monthly Payroll Tax Return and Annual Reconciliation
● Download monthly bank statements, Xero bank reconciliation reports and supporting
documentation and save to Monthly Management Working Papers file in Xero.
● Produce reports as requested.
● Prepare Cashflow document
● Weekly review of Xero accounts to ensure correctness
● Miscellaneous tasks as required
Key Result Areas
Performance objectives are based on the key accountabilities above and are aligned to organisational and team objectives. Individual performance measures and behavioural standards will be discussed and reviewed on a periodic basis.
● Decide priorities to achieve required performance levels
● Decide when to request information from other staff
● Identify own development needs
Mandatory Skills Required:
● Qualification in Accounting or equivalent
● Minimum 2 years' experience in an Accounts Payable or Receivable role
● Demonstrated end to end AP & AR experience
● Knowledge of financial systems
● Computer Literacy including MS Office in particular Word & Excel
● Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
● Sound numerical skills.
Highly Desirable Skills:
● Good communication skills
● Customer Service focus.
● Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
● Willingness to learn and work as part of a small team.
Established in 2007, eCreators are Learning Management System and eLearning Content Development experts. Clients include corporate, government institutions, tertiary education and RTOs. eCreators was ranked in BRW's Top 100 fastest growing companies in 2016, was a state finalist for the Telstra Business Awards in 2019, were awarded the Global Moodle Partner of the Year in 2019 and won six LearnX awards in 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.