Business Analyst (working hours 1-9pm)
- Full Time
BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Global Risk Solutions (GRS) provides innovative and integrated solutions as a leading global provider of performance measurement, analytics and attribution services to Multi National, Corporate, Insurance, Investment Manager and Local Authority/Government clients, pension funds and consultants.
As a Business Analyst within GRS Operations - Business Change Execution (BCE) team, you will act as the primary interface between technology and a specific business/functional area for defined projects. The BCE team advises internal or client business and technology groups on how to best address business issues, processes and opportunities through technology. The Team identifies and gathers business and system requirements, develops test strategies and plans, creates project and process specifications, coordinates with assigned project teams, and ensures that final requirements have been met upon project conclusion. The role mostly considers supporting North America market and cooperating with US stakeholders as so willingness to work during late shift is essential. Working hours: 1 - 9 PM CET.
- Collects and defines business or functional requirements and translates them into functional design, test planning, and user documentation processes. Formulates project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions based upon user needs as well as knowledge of the application.
- Participates in development of the functional design and user documentation by analysing business process flows or client requests and identifying changes. Uses knowledge of business needs to provide design support to software and application development teams.
- Gathers information and provides analysis of business issues or client feedback for a specific function or application.
- Trains users on new or enhanced applications and/or systems that are more straightforward in nature.
- Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems. Tasks include case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution. Identifies areas for improvement and works with technology teams to improve applications for business use.
- Work closely with clients, consultants, Product Specialists, Relationship Managers (RMs), GRS Consultants, Investment Accounting and Global Operations within BNYM Asset Servicing and Technology.
- Uses general knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control to support the development of improved business processes through technology.
- No direct reports, may provide guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of 3 years of experience within similar area).
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills (spoken and written English min. B2/C1 level).
- Proven organizational skills and ability to handle high volumes with tight deadlines.
- A strong analytical background, with good problem-solving skills and attention to details.
- Proficiency in use of MS Excel (pivots, functions, etc.) with the ability to quickly learn other applications. At least basic knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of Project Management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, iterative).
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience using collaboration software (e.g. Jira, Confluence, MS Teams).
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)