Junior Group Accountant
This role sits in the Group Finance function of the Paysafe Group, a fast-growing dynamic Fintech business.
Reporting to the Senior Group Accountant, the Junior Group Accountant role requires an individual with deep analytical skills and a strong interest in finance and general business matters.
The role has a strong financial accounting and reporting focus and will support the production of monthly board reporting and all external reporting – including annual and quarterly financial statements and periodic returns to debt holders.
In addition, the successful candidate will gain an exposure to a variety of functions across Paysafe’s global finance infrastructure and the different skill sets required to pursue a successful career in accounting and finance.
In particular, the successful candidate will work closely with functions such as FP&A, tax, treasury, investor relations and business intelligence, as well as having a strong exposure to the senior management team.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting the preparation of financial information to the Board and Shareholders;
- Retrieve data from financial systems and perform analytical reviews on the monthly consolidated financial information;
- Supporting the preparation of annual and quarterly financial statements
- Liaising with the Group’s external auditors and other external stakeholders
- Working closely with divisional finance teams in reviewing and analysing their financial information and results
- Perform monthly accounting calculations and preparing the journals
- Assisting the wider finance team with ad-hoc projects
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, and the ability to manipulate and evaluate data
- An inquisitive mindset with a drive to progress their career
- A real interest in accounting and business, with the intention to study towards a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA or CIMA
- A great team player with the ability to work pro-actively
- Resilience to deal with challenges and reach resolution
- Strong communication skills with an ability to summarise matters concisely verbally, in written form and in presentations; and either:
- Minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) in a degree in Accounting, Economics or Business (or related) degree discipline (expected or achieved); or
- AAT qualified (or studying towards a relevant accounting qualification)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.