My client is one of New Zealand's leading distributors of innovative design who have been in operation for over 30 years and have recently branched into the Australian market. Providing slick and modern open plan offices that are close to the motorway, this proudly kiwi company provides a great opportunity in a stable business for a temporary Accounts Assistant/Assistant Accountant for a long-term contract.
This is a dynamic and varied role that reports into the Accountant. You will be supporting and assisting around the month-end tasks. Your key duties will include:
- Processing weekly, fortnightly, and monthly payroll for 100 staff
- Accounts and bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- P&L reconciliations
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- FX payments
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparation of GST, FBT, and PAYE returns
- Calculation of depreciation and maintaining the fixed asset register
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
We are looking for someone with 5+ years' experience in a similar role. Excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask is required, as is your ability to manage and solve problems, work autonomously and really be able to drive things on your own. It is a requirement that you have strong interpersonal skills and are someone that can easily work on an ad hoc basis.
Please send your resume in Microsoft Word format by clicking on the apply button or for further information, contact Kelsey Llewellyn or Ryan Robson in our Auckland office on 09-915-6700.
Job Reference No: 06900-0011621092