Position: Finance and Operations Associate – Private Credit
Location: Raleigh, NC (remote possibility)
About the Role
HCG is an SEC-registered alternative investment management firm at the forefront of private credit and special situation opportunities enabled by the digitization of financial services. Our mission is to grow client wealth through digital finance solutions.
Our investment strategy is rooted in our belief that the financial services industry will ultimately migrate to digital end-to-end solutions. As part of that theme, we constantly evaluate our own internal processes for better decision-making capabilities. We are looking to hire a Finance and Operations Associate who can help achieve this goal.
Ideally, you are a team player, self-starter, and proactive professional interested in finance and accounting, business and how organizations work. She or he should be able to demonstrate innovation and creativity in daily work, be organized and capable of driving multiple projects, and comfortable working with large of amounts of data. Individual will be expected to collaborate closely with members of the HCG team across disciplines.
These responsibilities form the core of the position’s responsibilities. It is not, however, an exhaustive list:
- Execute and manage the daily processes for populating journal entries (e.g., populate journal entries, reconcile cash and positions, roll forward investments, etc.)
- Prepare and review monthly NAV valuation packages.
- Maintain investor allocations that “shadow” the fund administrator’s allocations.
- Create and maintain bridge reconciliation statements between various systems and vendors.
- Collaborate with the Client Service team to prepare and review information required for external reporting.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to exchange financial, accounting and fund portfolio data.
- Provide the Investing team with the necessary information to assist with portfolio construction and management.
- Provide and help prepare tax information as needed.
- Prepare daily cash snapshots and forecast short-term liquidity needs.
- Manage relationships with cash custodians and lender banks (account openings, onboarding, management, etc.).
- Manage and optimize movement of liquidity within the HCG ecosystem.
- Prepare borrowing base certificates for lending banks and manage liquidity access from lenders.
Principles for Execution of Responsibilities
- Exceptional project and deadline management: The candidate must be able to formulate and commit to realistic deadlines for completing projects.
- Proactive communication: The candidate must be able to communicate both progress and bottlenecks – upstream and downstream, internal to HCG and with external providers.
- Seeker of efficiency gains: The candidate must aspire to enhance KPIs at the individual and firm level through technology and automation.
- Strong desire to improve: The candidate should seek ongoing, continuing education about industry matters.
- BS in Accounting or Finance with 5+ years of relevant work experience OR
- MBA (or MSA/MAC) with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Prior audit experience, preferably with respect to private investment partnerships or private equity funds
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and statutory accounting and financial reporting regulations
- Proficient knowledge and usage of a GL system, with a strong preference for Oracle NetSuite
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- CPA preferred but will consider CMA
HCG offers full-time employees a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous PTO and holidays, office snacks, team lunches, and an opportunity to work directly with team leadership.
Apply for Fund Accountant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly