Provide support to budget holders which will include providing information and guidance on appropriate expenditure and income. Highlight where adverse variances have occurred and advise on appropriate action to be taken where required.
My client is an education establishment based in Worcestershire
- Drive the annual budgeting process for the relevant departments, working with other members of the management accounts team to ensure consistency of approach, and assisting budget holders in completing the process.
- Monitor actual performance against budgets across specific cost centres, liaise with department Heads, and investigate significant variances providing commentary. Advise the Principal Management Accountant and prepare updated financial forecasts as appropriate.
- Acting as part of the Institute or Department Leadership Team influence decisions made by the team where there is a financial impact.
- Review the reconciliations of specific control accounts on a monthly basis
- Delegate work to Assistant Management Accountants where appropriate.
- Prepare and distribute relevant and meaningful monthly management information reports to specific budget holders and meet with them on a regular basis.
- Assist budget managers in developing new income generation and cost saving opportunities
- Carry out other financial operational activities, including specific project analysis, and preparation of information for and submission of annual financial returns as required.
- Take the finance lead on specific cross-institution projects as required, liaising directly with the Deputy Director of Finance and Director of Finance and Resources.
- CCAB qualified or qualified by experience.
- Excellent management accounting knowledge with experience of budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Proactive approach with the ability to influence and drive change to financial processes.
- Good communication skills both oral and written, including report writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to facilitate working with a wide range of people both from within the organisation and externally.
- Good I.T. skills including spreadsheets and finance systems.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload in order to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
£33,000 to £38,000 plus excellent benefits