Senior Financial Analyst
This position is responsible to manage the entity accounts and provides accounting transaction processing support to deliver accounting services in accordance with established processes and in compliance with the company's policies and procedures, relevant legal and statutory requirements.
Activities may include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for guides and leads the accounting works for the entity.
- Adjusts and balances entity accounts and analyzes changes in the balance sheet.
- Coordinates the general ledger month-end closing by preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Ensures that inter-company transactions are reconciled and compliant.
- Supervises the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's financial systems.
- Coordinates and compiles capex expenditure requests, computes and records fixed assets and capital budget.
- Manages fixed assets, including recording fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system, running monthly depreciation calculations, and reconciling the balance in the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Estimates expenses and amortizes prepaid expenses.
- Consolidates salary and payroll costs.
- Assists in the budget process including monitoring administrative expenses and actual spending.
- Prepares and submits local tax filings.
- Prepares information for audit purposes.
- Analyses financial information and prepares financial statements for audit reports.
- Supports SAP development and testing projects.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Malaysian Institute of Accountant (MIA) membership is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of working experience in the related field in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to work independently in a growing fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to organize tasks effectively to meet accounting deadlines.
- Able to interact with various levels throughout the organization.
- Effective problem solving, detail-oriented and analytical.
- Good communication skills and fluent to communicate in English and Bahasa Malaysia (written and verbal).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.