Marketing Finance Intern
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
The Marketing Finance Internship will be 6 months and will be based in our Chiswick office in London. You will not only gain practical experience within the Finance team but will also have opportunities to understand how the business operates.
You will be working within a diverse team and so we are looking for a good team player, who has good communication skills and is adaptable
Reports to: Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Geographic Scope: UK&I
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Supporting Financial data collection from various teams (Trade, Marketing, Supply Chain etc.);
- Involvement in Credit Control, working closely with Trade and Customer Service Teams to investigate pricing claims and raise related credit notes
- Exposure to revenue stream, assisting the team with pricing maintenance in the system, as well as making sure the controls in place are being adhered to
- Vendor/Customer system maintenance that requires coordination and communication with all the functions in the business
- Developing and maintaining financial models/trackers for various purposes (Promotional Spend, Customer margins, Customer profitability) compatible with our planning system.
- Supporting with Month End procedures: consolidation of accruals, posting journals, recharges, ensuring all the adjustments are done, etc.
- Ad-hoc finance support.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Basic knowledge of Financial and Accounting processes
- Strong Excel skills (LOOKUPs, SUMIFs, Pivot tables). General confidence in working with numbers and multiple large spreadsheets.
- Strong PowerPoint skills (especially charts)
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (working with multiple stakeholders across functions and levels)
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/Business/Economics/Accounting
- Experience in Power BI
- Experience in SAP/BPC
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!