Specialist - Tax Compliance
About The Association
Combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, we empower the world’s most highly-skilled accountants – CPAs and CGMA designation holders – with the knowledge, insight and foresight to meet today’s demands and tomorrow’s challenges. We drive a dynamic accounting profession that works every day to build trust, create opportunity and grow prosperity worldwide.
Summary of Role:
Prepare various tax filings for the Association’s US based entities, navigating government forms and websites. Complete monthly US sales tax activities and assist with maintaining tax settings within the systems. Support the Association’s global insurance coverages, monitoring renewals and completing applications. Complete monthly journal entries and reconciliations. Assist with projects as assigned.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file property tax returns and Form 5500s
- Assist with Form 990 and 990T, completing thorough documentation for review
- Request and maintain Certificates of Residence from the IRS
- Complete annual report filings
- Partner with outside vendor in monitoring and tracking charitable registrations
- Prepare and complete monthly uploads of sales tax reports to Vertex within the required deadlines
- Complete taxability product setups in Oracle and Vertex, partnering with internal and external business partners
- Assist with state sales tax audits and notices
- Complete payment and tracking of insurance policy invoices and assist with completing applications
- Complete monthly journal entries and reconciliations as assigned
- Assist with projects, performing testing and verifying tax outputs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Tax/compliance knowledge
- Sound accounting knowledge
- Proficient Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years relevant experience
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education:
- Knowledge of Oracle
- Prior experience completing Form 990, Form 5500 and property tax filings
- Sales tax experience, including use of Vertex
- CIMA/CPA candidate
Why Work for Us?
At the Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses. You’ll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports and celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
We offer competitive benefits, PTO, flexible working principles, and a supportive, collaborative team environment.