Chief Financial Officer
Under the direction of Life Flight Network’s CEO, the CFO provides overall leadership, strategic vision and administrative oversight for the financial operations of Life Flight Network and the Life Flight Network Foundation. The CFO is responsible for overseeing all fiduciary responsibilities for the organizations in conjunction with the CEO as well as making recommendations to the CEO regarding annual fiscal goals/objectives. The CFO organizes and directs all aspects of Life Flight Network and Life Flight Network Foundation’s financial matters as well as all matters associated with asset controls and accounting functions.
- CMA or CPA required, CMA preferred
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or
related field required
- An established leader with at least 8-10 years of finance experience
- A demonstrated history of evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership
- Dynamic experience managing finance functions (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting), preferably with a medical based entity
- Accreditation or active membership with either HFMA or MGMA is desired
- Previous Aviation industry experience is desired
- A passion for Life Flight Network’s non-profit mission; a true leader with integrity and a desire to work in a very dynamic and operationally-intense environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Positively and effectively interacts with all levels of the organization, industry/community contacts and with the CEO.
- Demonstrated management skills, with a proven history of maintaining a high level of group
productivity/morale while maintaining a commitment to quality management.
- A collaborative and flexible style with a strong service mentality.
- Ability to take ownership of work, doing what is needed without being asked.
- Above average capacity for visualizing and formulating new techniques, approaches and strategies allowing the organization to thrive in the future.
- Embrace proactivity and proactive behavior; change-oriented and self-initiated. Proactive behavior involves acting in advance of a future situation, rather than reacting.
- Proven ability to independently develop strategies and financial plans for the organization, making associated recommendations to the CEO prior to fully executing defined objectives.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
- Ensure appropriate controls/policies/procedures are in place for effective management of the company’s resources, including guidelines for cash disbursements, asset accountability, billing and other financial transactions.
- Oversee preparation and submission of operations, capital and central budgets ensuring fiscal accountability for the assets and liabilities of the organizations and maintenance of financial operations in line with budgeted targets.
- Provide appropriate financial and budgetary reports to the CEO, and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee controls related to the oversight of the company assets, including the storage, inventory, acquisition, transfer and sale of all company assets.
- Participate in recommendations to the Boards regarding strategic/long-range business plans that support organizational philosophy, goals and financial objectives.
- Has overall responsibility for the development and implementation of fiscal policies and procedures and for appropriate training and continuing education programs for staff to maintain a high degree of knowledge.
- Responsible for upholding safety, Life Flight Network’s safety culture and reporting and reinforcement of Safety Management System principles.
Think and Plan Strategically
Support Life Flight Network and Life Flight Network Foundation’s mission, vision, and values. Create and/or support an inspiring department vision. Develop and implement business strategies. Set specific and realistic objectives and tactics. Know team strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement.
Make Decisions and Solves Problems
Confront challenges and problems with an open mind. Use evidence-based and data-driven approaches. Be decisive, even in the face of uncertainty. Consider multiple perspectives, probable consequences, and relevant stakeholders. Obtain stakeholder buy-in.
Cultivate Financial Heath
Understand and apply financial management principles. Manage Life Flight Network and Life Flight Network Foundation’s resources, including productivity and staffing, equipment and supplies, and budgets. Grow the business to achieve the organization’s mission and to ensure fiscal viability.
Be flexible and adaptive to changing situations. Strive to continually improve by seeking new data that may affect a previous decision or action. Know when change is occurring and/or needed, what change to implement, and how to execute the change; champion new system initiatives and improvements.
Leverage Resources and Partnerships
Understand how all parts of the organizations function and interface. Network, negotiate, and build cooperative relationships with others across the system and surrounding communities. Navigate the system by using available technology, tools, resources, and relationships.
Build Motivated and Committed Teams
Be attentive to employees’ well being. Create an inclusive and positive environment in which staff members feel respected, cared for, valued, and energized. Assign work that complements each staff member's skills and/or challenges staff members to develop new skills. Give appropriate direction and guidance, delegate effectively, provide requisite authority and communicate how work assignments help accomplish the organization’s mission. Coach team members to help them successfully meet expectations.
Communicate Clearly and Professionally
Deliver verbal and written information in a respectful, understandable, and logical way. Anticipate others’ reactions to communication and adjust communication as appropriate. Think critically and analyze messages to identify key points. Actively listen to convey empathy and demonstrate a willingness to consider
Pursue Self Development
Self-initiate and set high standards for personal performance. Self-monitor and adapt behavior or approach to increase effectiveness. Acknowledge and analyze one’s mistakes to learn from experience. Graciously accept constructive feedback and modify behavior in response.
Follow Through on Commitments
Prioritize work effectively, multi-task, stay focused on goals, and push forward to bring plans to timely closure. Provide regular status updates to appropriate individuals. Hold self and staff accountable and uphold commitments as promised.
The above accountabilities represent work performed by this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific accountability will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of the position.
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Long term care, flexible spending (Company pays for employee 100%)
- 401k – with 100% vested employer contribution of 4%
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Pet insurance
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at almost 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network Membership
- Dog friendly work environment
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.