Are you an undergraduate or graduate student with a pursued degree in business, international relations, political science, economics, mathematics, or related field? Does the prospect of working to produce analysis which will be leveraged to drive important business decisions interest you?
Pepper UK is one of the leading specialist loan servicing companies in the UK and we are currently seeking a candidate who can display proven research and analytical aptitude, and a keen interest in business and industries shaped by financial services, to fill a three-month internship role at our European Servicing offices.
We would like to hear from candidates who can work effectively under pressure, communicate with clarity, and demonstrate great interpersonal skills. Excellence in academics will be viewed as evidence of a prospective intern's ability to fulfil successfully the requirements of the position.
Please note that for this position, you must be authorised to work in the UK. Pepper will not provide sponsorship at this time nor in the future.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting primary and secondary source research and analysis under the guidance of the project manager and overall project director.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis using internal and external sources, including databases, information services, and internet resources.
- Preparing memos, slides, e-mails, Excel spreadsheets, and other materials to capture the results of research and analysis.
- Presenting information in a clear, coherent and reader friendly format, making clear recommendations supported by a detailed analysis.
Analysis | Data | Research Power BI | Intern | Internship | Finance | Financial Services | Presentation | IT Literate | MS Office | Excel | Research | Reporting | Data Analysis | Business | Degree | International Relations | Economics | Mathematics
Private Medical Insurance | 25 days holiday pro-rata | Season Ticket Loans | Cycle to Work Scheme | Discounts in local shops | EAP | Enhanced Maternity & Paternity | Wellbeing Days | Volunteering Days | Eye Care | Payroll Giving | Spice Reward & Recognition Program | Relaxed Dress Code Discounted Gourmet Society Taste Cards | Discounted RAC Vehicle Breakdown | Discounted Gym memberships & buying club | Life Assurance
Join an amazing working environment with opportunities for career development and training. In addition to our culture and amazing people, we offer competitive employee benefits. If you are looking for a progressive organisation and want to join a fast-paced team then apply for this job opportunity.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate with clarity, accuracy and commitment - be it through composition of concise, complete messages, or through logical and accurate presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, and excellent Excel knowledge.
- That you are highly competent in the use of Power BI.
- Quantitative skills sufficient to conduct analyses of market trends, company financials and other topics in support of business growth.
- The ability to work within well-established internal controls and to maintain a high standard of quality across all your tasks.
- Solid, creative research skills and the ability to conduct sophisticated, pragmatic analysis.
In addition, preferable skills would include:
- The ability to be self-reliant and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to small details, and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A willingness to take ownership of responsibilities allocated to you.
- The ability to form productive relationships at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm in their work as a valued and effective team player.
- A robust understanding of regulation and associated legislative policy in the Financial Services industry, and the impacts these have on the business and this role.
As one of the most successful third-party loan servicing companies in the UK, with just over £16 billion of assets under management, our experienced teams have the expertise to manage loan portfolios across a range of asset classes. Whether it's full end-to-end servicing through the complete lifecycle of loans or support with one element, we can help.
Some of the services we can provide include: Primary Servicing, Special Servicing, Master Servicing, Standby Servicing, and Asset Management. Standard & Poors Global Ratings ranks us as one of the highest rated primary and special servicers of residential mortgages in the UK, and Mortgage Finance Gazette named us 'Best Loan Servicer 2021'.