State Loss Prevention & Safety Manager NSW
Do you love supporting the team and being the face of the state for all things 'Loss Prevention & Safety'? If you have answered YES, please read on!
Cash Converters (or Cashies as we like to call ourselves) is proudly homegrown in West Australia! From humble beginnings, two brothers opened the doors of our first store in Vic Park, Western Australia in 1984. Celebrating over 30 years of success in the industry, Cash Converters is now an ASX listed international company in 21 countries with 768 stores (& growing!).
To us here at Cashies, we believe in being passionate & proud, tenacious problem solvers that just get stuff done! We are a down to earth bunch that pride ourselves on helping people (customers and employees alike), to unlock possibilities in a no-nonsense, non-judgmental approach.
Benefits for you!
At Cash Converters, our greatest asset are our people! We provide a wide range of employee benefits to support and empower our people such as:
- Great work/life balance - flexible work environment
- Cashies 30% store discount
- Access to study leave
- Established employee recognition program
- Annual performance award event to celebrate our successes together
- Discounted health insurance
+ much more!
Reporting to the Head of Operational Assurance and WHS, you will be joining a national team of dynamic and highly regarded loss prevention and safety professionals.
Your primary responsibility will be in supporting the future growth of the Cash Converters network by improving and monitoring security, safety, and compliance systems within the 23 NSW corporate and franchise-owned stores.
You will be required to coach and motivate our store teams in establishing and maintaining a safe and secure workplace to mitigate risks and losses within the business. Intrastate travel will be required including occasional interstate as necessitated by the business.
You will make a difference by
- Conducting internal audits on security, compliance, and WHS
- Delivering expert and ongoing coaching advice and training to our team members and the management group
- Working in collaboration with the store managers and the broader team to introduce new, and ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures
- Conducting thorough investigations into safety, security, and loss incidents/matters or other incident types as required and implementing corrective measures to mitigate future risks.
- Managing the corporate store stocktake programme and ensuring that stores achieve budgeted shrinkage provisions
- Acting as the face of Cash Converters in dealing with regulatory and compliance bodies in the store environments
- Carrying out new employee induction training on WHS & Loss Prevention
What we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a loss prevention and/or safety advisor role
- An autonomous self-starter with the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to positively influence key stakeholders and build relationships
- Experience with conducting internal audit activities including WHS compliance
- Ability to produce detailed briefs, reports, and risk assessments
- Experience in coaching teams in WHS & loss prevention disciplines across the business
- High level of time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Multi-site retail or area/regional management role
- Qualification in WHS, security/risk management, policing, or investigative services, however certified training may be offered to an otherwise experienced candidate
How to Apply
Are you ready to kickstart your career? Press the 'Apply' button now to start completing your application! Please complete the requested details on the application page and be prepared as you will be asked to answer a few questions via video, so we can see what you can bring to the team!
Cash Converters supports diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We encourage people of all cultures, backgrounds, gender, age, sexual orientation and abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Cash Converters, please visit https://www.cashconverters.com.au/about/join-us
No recruitment agencies please