Legal Biller/ Billing Clerk/ Billing Coordinator
Your new company
Hays are working with a highly reputable, national and international legal firm to recruit an experienced legal billing professional into their existing team. This company have a strong global presence and are going from strength to strength in the UK overseas.
Your new role
The main purpose of this role is to support the wider finance team and operational teams in accurate, diligent and efficient billing services. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that fee earners are fully compliant with comprehensive time recording policies and register all disbursements to ensure accurate defence costs MI
- Check charge rates and ensure compliance with client service level agreements (SLAs)
- Liaise with the Financial Operations Database team to ensure the account system contains complete, up-to-date billing information in line with current SLAs
- Respond to all queries and requests in a timely and efficient manner, referring complex and contentious issues to the Assistant Billing Manager
- Maintain matter budgets and resolve billing related issues promptly to avoid delays to the revenue cycle.
In addition to this you will also be responsible for:
- Track and chase incomplete time entries
- Produce and circulate WIP reports as required (monthly minimum)
- Engage with fee earners to ensure prompt billing to minimise WIP lock-up
- Draft interim and final bills as requested (in accordance with SLA) and ensure complete and accurate billing information
- Track and chase unsettled draft bills on a regular basis, providing reports to the Team Leaders
- Engross bills (maximising WIP captured) and prepare for delivery, in compliance with client SLAs, including the preparation of composite bills, bordereaux and other required schedules
- Ensure any amendments are processed and permanently changed in billing set-up where appropriate
- Work with the Billing Manager, Assistant Billing Manager and other processing teams to implement changes, to maximise efficiency and level of service.
- Maintain the high standard of service offered to the firm's internal clients and to assist in creating and developing the professional reputation of the department
What you'll need to succeed
You will have worked previously in a similar billing role and must have previous experience in a legal setting. You will have a strong understanding of tax and up to date knowledge of recent legislative changes and have strong financial systems and Excel ability.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to work within a superb and committed team. In addition this company offers a range of benefits including:
- Life Insurance
- Gym Subsidy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday entitlement per calendar year, increasing to 27 days after 5 consecutive years employment
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Income Protection
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Nursery Scheme
- Matched Pension Scheme up to 5%
- Charitable Giving Scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.