SES is the world’s leading researcher, developer, and manufacturer of Li-Metal technologies and products. And we are building a complete ecosystem of materials, cells, modules, Artificial Intelligence Battery Management Systems (BMS), and recycling.
Materials: World’s leader with proprietary technology, strong IP portfolio, and large-scale manufacturing capabilities in thin lithium foil, high purity salt, and high concentration electrolyte.
Cells: World’s leader in Li-Metal cell design, engineering, and manufacturing. Currently building more Li-Metal cells than the rest of the world combined.
Modules: World’s leader in Li-Metal pack/module design, engineering, and manufacturing.
AI BMS: Integrating machine learning, the world’s largest data pool for Li-Metal cells/modules/packs, and a fundamental physical understanding of failure mechanisms into a BMS that can predict safety incidents, monitor cell life, and improve overall performance.
Recycling: Turning cycled mossy lithium back into lithium compounds which can be used to produce fresh lithium materials such as salt, cathode, and ingot.
SES has operations in both Boston and Shanghai, leveraging a global supply chain and talent force to build an entire Li-Metal ecosystem.
The SES Li-Metal ecosystem can be utilized in many exciting applications including space communications using High Altitude Pseudo Satellites (HAPS), drone deliveries, and manned electric transportation both on land (EV) and in the air (eVTOL). HAPS and drones are initial markets to validate and improve the technology and build a steady revenue source, the final goal is to power EV and eVTOL.
SES has an opening for a results-driven Corporate Controller to oversee our financial operations and accounting. Reporting directly to the CFO, this is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing organization, pre-IPO, that is leading the innovation in the EV battery space.
As the Corporate Controller, you will have direct oversight of a global team. This is a highly visible role within the organization that will play a critical part in being hands-on in supporting/improving the processes needed to manage the speedy growth of the company.
This position will be based in our Woburn, MA location. For exceptional candidates, we are open to remote work.
- Management of the global accounting function with teams in the US and China.
- Leadership role in all SEC reporting and SOX 404 area.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with leadership on initiatives.
- Provide strong leadership to the team, helping to reach all goals.
- Leading the implementation of any new accounting guidance.
- Assist in choosing and implementing an ERP system
- CPA is required.
- 12+ years of professional experience (strong preference for a Public/Corporate combo).
- SEC reporting experience required.
- Technical accounting experience preferred.
- SOX 404 experience required.
- ERP system implementation experience required.
- Manufacturing company background strongly preferred.
- Experience within a fast-paced growth company.
- Desire to be hands-on and develop a growing team.
- Strong communicator, dedicated team player