Financial Reporting Manager
Michael Page have been exclusively engaged by a financial services business in Birmingham to find a Financial Reporting Manager.
Our client is a well-established financial services organisation with a diverse mix of customers across the UK. The organisation stands out as a responsible lender and works in partnership with customers to drive mutual benefit.
It is a great time to join as the organisation expands and looks to develop the team and product mix.
The Financial Reporting Manager will initial act in a stand alone capacity to be the technical lead for the organisation. You would work alongside the Regulatory reporting and FP&A teams to ensure the financial rigor of the monthly, quarterly, half yearly and annual reporting.
Other key duties will include:
- Ownership and delivery of the annual statutory accounts pack
- Being the face of the organisation through year end and the annual audit
- Interpret and translate the changes in financial standards and adapt business reporting/accounting policies accordingly
- Involvement in the Management Accounts processes on a monthly basis
This is a pivotal, newly created role within the organisation and to be successful as the Financial Reporting Manager, you will have a sound technical knowledge and an understanding of the complexities in the financial services environment.
Ideally you will:
- Have a strong connection with and ability to lead an audit preferably from a Big 4 background.
- Be professionally qualified (ACA or ACCA ideally)
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have written papers for a board or audit committee on the impacts of new standards (IFRS 9 and IFRS 16 - subsequent implementation experience is highly desirable)
- Demonstrate autonomy and the ability to self-motivate and manage
£65,000 - £70,000 + generous pension and holiday allowance + additional benefits