APS6 Senior Risk and Audit Officer
- Full Time
The Business Services Portfolio runs the business of the MDBA providing strategic and support services including financial management; procurement and planning; advice on people and culture; legal, parliamentary and secretariat services; governance, risk and audit advice; management of data and remote sensing; and information and technology.
Within the Business Services Portfolio this role is part of the Governance Program. This Program delivers high quality services to all Portfolios of the Murray-Darling Basin Authority (MDBA) in relation to all aspects of Commonwealth entity governance obligations and practices.
The Senior Risk and Audit Officer supports the delivery of the work plan for the MDBA Governance Program as well as supports the Chief Risk Officer in providing advice and assistance to line areas and the Executive Board on risk issues and decisions that may materially affect the MDBA's risk profile.
The Senior Risk and Audit Officer works closely with all areas of the MDBA as well as other agencies of the Australian Government, the Basin States and Territory and wider stakeholders.
The key duties, skills and attributes for this role are:
• Manage the Risk Management Framework and Policy, Enterprise Plan and Guidelines and registers.
• Manage the MDBA relationship with Comcover.
• Maintain the MDBA Fraud Control Plan and associated documents and manage relevant reporting.
• Manage the provision of training in risk management, conflict of interest and fraud control.
• Provide advice and assistance in matters relating to the Conflict of Interest policy, sensitive water market information management and the MDBA Delegations Database.
• Provide secretariat support for the Audit Committee.
• Provide special reports to the Authority Audit Committee, Chief Executive, the Executive Board and individuals within Programs.
• Work with the Chief Executive, the Executive Board and Directors and their teams across the agency to drive positive risk culture.
• Enable positive risk behaviours to influence work practices, funding decisions, program design and delivery and organisational strategies to drive best practice risk management.
Mandatory for this role:
• Proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Exemplify personal drive and integrity - continuously keeping across new developments in governance and risk.
Desirable for this role:
• Relevant qualifications and/or experience in governance, risk management or a related discipline.
• Experience in providing high level secretariat services.