Senior Finance Manager
Listed 15th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 in 2020, and considered the 5th fastest growing tech company in Australia in 2019, Prezzee has doubled the team size and expanded into 4 new markets with a record growth of 519% compared to 2019, achieving incredible commercial success.
At Prezzee we are givers, and when you give it comes from the heart. Our values demonstrate how we connect the heart and the head. As one team, we shoot for the stars, transforming gifting into a magical experience and delivering happiness one 'Prezzee' at a time, everytime to achieve our strategic ambitions.
Our Finance team works across all channels to support our B2C, B2B and Marketplace solutions and drive our growth. We are looking to appoint a Senior Finance Manager to join our fast growing team.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Customer Care this role is accountable for maintaining our Company's financial health and profitability. As the Senior Finance Manager you will play a key role deploying initiatives focused on the execution of the Company strategy. You will also supervise core financial tasks across the business and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially to deliver the Prezzee vision to be 'the universal gift card globally'.
What you will do at Prezzee:
- In conjunction with the Head of Finance and Customer Care, deliver the Group consolidated monthly management reports including driving accountability and providing commentary and analysis.
- Act as a centre of excellence for technical accounting matters across the group.
- Lead all forecasts, monthly, quarterly and annual as well as actual results up to Board level.
- Oversee or manage all budgeting processes in line with delegated authorities' approvals.
- Conduct all risk management processes in collaboration with the leadership.
- Supervise (over time) a team of accountants (as the business grows) internally or using offshore resources.
- Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Highlight and recommend cost-reduction solutions as identified.
- Turn the company's strategy into reality, and through your collaborative style and engaging approach, strategically building strong relationships and partnerships.
- Have a sense of urgency and genuinely see Prezzee maintaining its market leadership and position of first mover advantage.
- Embed an agile way of working that will allow for a 'growth mindset'.
- Have an ability to manage at an operational level addressing the day to day pressures, and challenges whilst keeping the Company Strategic Plan front of mind and in train. No issue is too big or small when protecting our brand and living our values.
- Instil a strong sense of 'team' and will have the ability to unite everyone 'globally' around the outcomes required whilst encouraging an inclusive and fun work environment.
A little bit about yourself:
- You love what you do second only to putting the customer at the front of every decision.
- You have the ability to 'fall in love' with gifting and gift cards.
- You are proud of the work you do and have a strong attention to detail.
- You are very comfortable working across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- You are comfortable working in an environment where systems and processes have not been fully developed yet.
- You will be energetic, enthusiastic yet considered and calm under pressure.
- You are able to speak up and be heard, you are driven, and ready to really make you mark on a global scale, thriving on success.
- You get things done - you understand the need to achieve both company and personal goals even when they may not align from time to time.
On the technical side, you have:
- Experience as a Finance Manager in a service focused environment. Whilst this is ideal, it is not essential - it's about what you can bring to the role, your career story and aspirations.
- Experience in transforming a business as it scales and grows, ideally having had some experience in a fast growth or fin-tech Company (or both). High level payments experience would be an additional bonus.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with proven experience and team culture success.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
At Prezzee, we are givers. Our products enable gift-giving, but we are so much more than that. Our values are the wrapping paper around our ideal shared people experiences. Our values are to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most of all, always give a damn.
Some extra goodies
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you every day (and expect you to challenge them back.)
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets because we are all in the same boat, as well as individual KPI's.
- Generous employee referral program and staff discounts.
Work-life integration and genuine flexibility is our natural norm. Health, safety, and wellbeing is important too - it always comes first. So whilst we prefer to be connected and have our people work on-site, we work hard to support Covid-19 safe work practices, also accommodating the different lifestyles of our team members so that everyone is set up for success and empowered to do their best work either in the office or at home.