MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements and supporting schedules;
- Supports monthly close process;
- Assess monthly inventory, COGS, and variance analysis.
- Maintains perpetual inventory and monitors cycle counts;
- Manages and maintains standard cost system.
- Prepares cost estimates for new product - new account sales.
- Manages general insurances;
- Reviews and resolves inaccuracies in daily reporting;
- Analyze the cost accounting structure and its components to produce quality information for management decisions;
- Prepares monthly scorecard data and ratios for management;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management;
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field. CPA or a CMA is required.
- Or the equivalent accounting / costing experience in a manufacturing work environment
REQUIREMENTS FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Assist the Controller with recommendations on system and reporting improvement.
- Experience leading a software transition is a plus
- Provide financial analysis to Controller.
- Ability to partner with key internal customers (i.e. operations) to ensure accurate and meaningful reporting and analysis..
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities.
- The ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- System experience with an emphasis on data validity and the quality of information yielded from the system.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong team player capable of working with high performing teams.