Business Analyst with an Accounting & Finance background (Fixed Term Contract - 12 months)
If so, read on!
Here at GrantTree, we're a team of scientists, engineers, and consultants helping cutting-edge businesses finance their game-changing research and development work. Our team is going from strength to strength, and we're looking for an experienced Business Analyst, with 4+ years' experience in technical accountancy, to support our growth on a fixed term of 12 months.
That's where you come in.
As an experienced Business Analyst, you'll play a pivotal role in helping to manage and improve our core processes. You will be working on a range of important projects, such as forecasting and planning, accounting, and data modeling. Drawing on your commercial experience, you will be helping teams incorporate financial thinking into their decision-making, and coaching key stakeholders on best practices. You will also be providing regular reports on the progress of your work and the company's financial health, to the team.
- High-level proficiency in data analysis, interpretation, visualisation, and presentation
- Forecasting & modeling experience, ideally for multiple business units
- The ability to offer practical recommendations based on holistic company analysis
- A track record of establishing financial procedures at SMEs through hands-on training
- Advanced skills in excel and google sheets
- Experience with remote working using tools such as slack, hangouts, drive
- Possess 4 + years' experience in industry post qualification in either CGMA/CIMA or ACCA/ACA
- Comfort working in a non-traditional management hierarchy
- A willingness to upskill a small finance team on best practices
- Available for full-time remote working 4 days a week for 12 months
In a typical week you might
- Propose changes to a team's work to improve its performance
- Establish financial best practices, and educate colleagues on how to implement them
- Reconfigure a CRM or analysis tool to better serve the company
- Facilitate meetings with different departments to understand their planning needs
- Produce analysis and reports based on your projects
- Present a financial update to the board of directors
- Monitor financial activities and know when to harmonise financial operations
- Encourage efforts towards financial stability by promoting revenue growth, compliance with accounting regulations
We believe that people should be rewarded fairly for the work they do. At GrantTree there is no secrecy over salaries and the way we work them out. For this role, your salary is likely to lie between £55-65k depending on experience. Aside from money, we offer a place where you can be yourself and engage in empowered, purposeful work. We want you to develop your skills and fulfill your potential. We have a flexible approach to working and there is no pressure for you to be in the office, wherever you feel your work is most effective is fine by us. Our team has temporarily gone fully remote since the emergence of COVID-19. Though our Old Street office remains open for your use outside of national and regional lockdowns. Below are some other benefits
- 30 days paid holiday
- £2k Training & Development budget
- Optional private health insurance scheme
- Monthly wellness budget
- Regular social and wellness events (currently virtual)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to platforms like Spill for mental health and Mintago for financial wellbeing
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented 'square pegs'. If you think you're the right person for the job even though you don't quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!