Reporting to the Finance Manager the Accountant will be joining a well established team
My client is an international manufacturing business based near Newport
This position will be responsible for implementing accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance to local GAAP, US GAAP and business policies. The Accountant is responsible in completing work in a timely and accurate manner and that internal controls are functioning properly and adhered to. This position will work closely with all levels at multiple EU locations to ensure processes are robust for data capture.
The Accountant has responsibility for all areas related to financial reporting as directed by the Finance Manager
- Ensure overall general ledger integrity.
- Coordinate accurate and timely month-end activities.
- Implement best practices.
- Coordinate SOX, Internal, and External audit engagements.
- Initiate, recommend or provide SOX/audit remediation solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of SOX/audit remediation solutions.
- Timely and accurate submission of annual Corporate and Tax reporting requirements.
- Provision of timely and accurate information to external auditors to meet both group and statutory audit requirements.
- Reviews, monitors and controls monthly and quarterly balance sheet reviews.
- Publish meeting minutes and action items resulting from review.
- Work in concert with European Accounting Staff to standardise best practices across all European sites.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements for various UK statutory entities.
- Creates Change/Relentlessly Innovates and Improves
- Manages Coordination and Integration
- Develops Organisational Capability
- Manages Performance
- Emphasises Customer Focus
- Promotes Core Values
- Empowers People Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in a discipline of Finance
- Demonstrated growth progression within Finance discipline
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Software (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Oracle)
- Strong analytical and project management skills Education/Certifications:
- Professional accounting qualification - part, fully qualified or QBE
- Experience managing multiple balance sheets in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with team members within and outside of his/her department
- High integrity, excellent work ethic, customer service orientated, ability to think outside of the box and ability to mentor and coach different types of subordinate/s
Salary circa £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
good holiday allowance