Meyn Controller, Americas
Who We Are:
Meyn is a subsidiary of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, offering intelligent, innovative, customized, and sustainable solutions in the poultry processing industry. With their vast knowledge, equipment, systems, and services that are available all over the world, Meyn is a trusted business partner for numerous renowned poultry processing companies in over a hundred countries. As the world population continues to grow, global demand for Meyn products will grow accordingly. And being a team member of Meyn means you can rely on an exciting and challenging career that will provide a meaningful impact on today's market and tomorrow's communities - helping to feed a hungry world!
The Meyn Mission: Your success is our goal. Every day, all over the world!
What You'll Do:
As the Controller, you will be responsible for the financial leadership of Meyn Americas, with Sales offices spanning Canada, USA, and all of Latin America as well as a manufacturing and assembly site in Georgia. Partnering with the Vice-President/General Manager, you will support key business decisions and investments through sound and timely financial planning, analysis, and control. This role also leads the finance, accounting, and IT teams and will work closely with the global Finance team based in the Netherlands, ensuring all corporate reporting requirements are fulfilled timely and accurately.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Develops, prepares, and provides clear and concise financial analysis and leadership regarding key financial measurements, budgeting, forecasting, special initiatives, acquisitions, investments, etc. to help drive business results and assist with strategic business decisions.
- Manages and provides clear, concise, accurate and timely financial and operational data on assigned operations regarding sales, costs, labor costing, inventory management, finished goods value, etc., ensuring financial information is understood by management and relevant staff.
- Maintains cost effective internal controls by enforcing corporate and business unit policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems, as well as implementation of external and internal audit recommendations to ensure compliance with required Finance/Accounting principles or regulations.
- Leads and partners on various initiatives to help drive profitability through financial analysis, integrating new financial systems, and streamlining processes.
- Provides support to the group's US shared service center for tax planning and filing, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local corporate, and other applicable taxes.
- Coaches the local finance and accounting team as well as leading the US IT team - providing guidance, development, and ensuring efficiency.
- Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; may consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience: 7+ years of progressive general accounting and financial analysis experience within a global manufacturer; Public accounting experience a plus; Prior Controller-level with international experience highly preferred
- Certification(s): CPA or CMA certifications are preferred but not required
- Functional Skills: Excellent general accounting, financial analysis, and manufacturing labor cost accounting skills, and cash reconciliation skills are required; Compliance-focused; Strong analytical skills with ability to research, review, and interpret large amounts of data; Strong problem-solving capabilities and reporting/summation skills are also important; Extremely detail-oriented with excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills are vital for this role; Solid FP&A and P&L understanding are also important; Experience with international financials and North & South American taxes is required; Experience with INCO terms and contract review is required; Experience with IT oversight would be helpful
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Experience with manufacturing ERP systems required with familiarity with BaanINFOR LN a plus
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written skillset
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong leadership and influencing skills; Ability to ask questions, comfortable in a hands-on role, eager to dig in and understand the business, support business improvement activities, and propose concepts to drive business performance is critical; Collaborative yet comfortable working independently; a self-starter that is eager to make an impact for the business
- Culture Match Behaviors: Professional in appearance, polished in professional behaviors, assertive/strong influencer to lead changes within diverse departments. Has a "Can Do" attitude and is collaborative and team-oriented to create better processes/solutions. Energetic, honest, dependable, and high ethical standards. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player, and leading/participating in continuous improvement processes
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
Reports To: Vice President/General Manager w/ dotted-line relationship to Global Controller
Core Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; will work approximately 45-50 hours during closings and budget cycles
Typical Work Week: M-F; with some additional hours as needed
Direct Reports: 10 (6 Accounting/Finance and 4 IT)
Work Conditions: Typically, an office environment, with visits through Operations
Travel: 10-15% International/Domestic