Capital Markets Manager / Investor Relations Director
Investor Relations Director / Capital Markets Manager/Director 100% remote with occasional visits to HQ.
Your new company
I am working with an exciting new start up that is currently based in Portugal. My client has developed an app for their customers to connect with local distributors of technology equipment and allows them to rent/lease equipment if they are unable to pay for the up front costs of purchasing necessary equipment. They have a client base across two major cities in Portugal and Madrid. They are expanding into France and Germany this year, with plans to expand the business into the UK shortly after. They aim to become a global business and are looking for an experienced Investor Relations Director or Capital Markets Manager to join the business and assist with gaining new streams of debt funding.
Your new role
We are looking for an experienced finance professional to further build out and lead their institutional debt capital markets efforts. This individual will be developing structures and negotiating agreements with banks, credit funds and other institutions to fund the business's leasing portfolio products. The ideal candidate will be a top-ranked person with a structured products background at a bank, credit fund or lending platform. Action to get things done in a fast-paced and relatively unstructured environment are required.
● Lead financing transactions including structuring, negotiating and data management for a variety of structures including warehouses, funds, loan sales, securitizations, and/or other financing strategies
● Drive due diligence processes including building asset analyses reports and financial models, and educating potential lenders on the companies trade receivables portfolio and risk management process
● Source, structure and execute on trade finance receivable assets globally
● Build and manage relationships with key external stakeholders (investors, lawyers, accountants, service providers, etc)
● Partner across Product, Engineering, Finance and Risk functions to implement capital markets strategy and analytics
● Manage a team of Finance, Accounting and Billing with strong product and engineering knowledge of Drip's proprietary software
● Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization's operations;
● Prepare reliable factual and forecasting reports;
● Ensure compliance with laws and company's policies;
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an experienced finance leader, with a proven track record of successfully securing debt funding from banking or investment firms. My client is also very interested in speaking to candidates that are able to join the business with a black-book of contacts within the investment banking space. You will ideally have come from a corporate finance or capital markets funding space.
What you'll get in return
There is a generous salary on offer for this role. Successful candidates will also have access to stock options. Due to the company being based in Portugal, the role will ultimately be 100% remote with occasional visits to the Portugal HQ. The business do not currently have a UK entity, as such the successful candidate will need to be happy in setting up a limited business in their own name and invoicing the business for their salary. This is a permanent role and will also mean you will sitting on the board as a director. .
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.