Manager, Government Accounting Compliance
The Manager of Government Accounting Compliance will oversee the accounting and reporting of all government contracts and related costing activities, ensuring compliance with government accounting regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
This position reports to the VP of Health Solutions & Strategy
Essential Job Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead pricing proposal development efforts in forward pricing models, indirect rates, RFP interpretation, and developing cost/pricing narratives.
- Communicates with cross-functional management regarding new and revised regulations and other changes to government accounting principles and practices.
- Advises management of potential effects of new or revised accounting policies and practices.
- Ensures adequacy of Internal controls and all related Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) Compliance and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) business system functions.
- Researches and identifies best accounting practices and methods to ensure maximum profitability and cost recovery while maintaining compliance with government regulations.
- Collaborates with the Controller on government accounting matters.
- Evaluates practices related to estimates, labor reporting, pricing, cost reporting, and allocations, ensuring compliance; addresses and remedies any noncompliant or inconsistent practices.
- Negotiates various matters such as cost impact statements, forward pricing, and final overhead rates used on government contracts with the DCAA and/or other government representatives.
- Prepares annual Incurred Costs Proposal and supporting documentation for submission to the DCAA.
- Oversees reconciliation of direct costs and monitors indirect rates for significant deviations from approved billing rates.
- Provides expert advice regarding the allocation and allowance of specific cost items.
- Trains new and existing Finance and Accounting Team Members on CAS.
- Answers inquiries from Finance, HR, Operations, IT and Corporate Compliance.
- Prepares and submits approved incurred cost proposals, financial disclosure statements, claims, REAs and other reports and documentation.
- Ensures compliance with governmental accounting regulations and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Keeps up-to-date in with industry best practices along with Government CAS, FARs, DFARs and applicate regulation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Expert understanding of accounting matters and the ability to answer related questions.
- Expert understanding of government accounting regulations such as FAR, CAS, and GAAP.
- Experience in Government RFP responses, contract pricing, forward pricing models, indirect rate analysis, and FAR contract administration.
- Ability to prepare, submit, and audit Annual Incurred Cost reports and Disclosure Statements.
- Self-starter, ability to work efficiently individually and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required; Masters degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of finance and accounting experience with at least 5 years of specific Federal government contracting experience required.
- Experience interfacing with DCAA preferred.
- Healthcare services experience a plus.
General Areas of Accountability:
Must conduct business and personal affairs in a manner that is always a credit to the company. Must maintain a good credit rating while employed with the company.
Machines and Equipment:
The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
The incumbent must be able to finger, grasp, feel, see, sit, hear, and speak. This position is sedentary in nature with minimal lifting requirements.
The incumbent works in an office environment that is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or extreme noise. Routine periods of being on the phone utilizing a headset, sitting and data keying are required.
Remote Eligibility: This position is full-time remote eligible. Eligibility is determined by Management or Human Resources.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.