Are you driven by high expectations? If you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued, this could be the job for you. Robert Half Finance seeks a Controller to become a part of a successful company and take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department. The Controller position is a full-time opportunity in the Statesboro, Georgia region. The ideal candidate for this position can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. You might be a good fit for this position if you can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo. This is a great opportunity for exceptional compensation, benefits and potential for career growth.
What you get to do every single day
- Research, prepare and execute Finance Department initiatives such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as required
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them monthly
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Handle monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Complete tasks beyond formal job responsibilities
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Reviews deliverables of self and team to ensure that they meet client expectations
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- Ensure timely cash collection by driving the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Outstanding technology, analytics and management experience required
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Construction Accounting experience
- Strong communication and social skills
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- CPA/MBA preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.