Commercial Banking Assistant
The Commercial Banking Assistant II provides administrative support for commercial banking activities to facilitate efficient operations and communication. The position provides customer service to customers and demonstrates the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Maintains electronic records and prepares transactions in Customer Relationship Management software.
- Thoroughly collects customer and prospect financials which may include loan applications, tax returns, income statements, bank statements and other relevant data.
- Monitors reports to identify maturing and delinquent accounts; initiates renewal processes and assists with collections.
- Maintains records and obtains documentation in compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies.
- Drafts letters and agreements.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and promotions.
- Facilitates loan approval processes; prepares documents for the Officer Loan Committee.
- Provides prompt, professional customer service to customers and prospective customers utilizing proper etiquette in all communications.
- Researches and answers customer inquiries and fulfills service requests.
- Works to understand the root causes of complex customer service issues. Identifies and implements resolutions.
- Provides assistance and training to team members.
- NSF Overdraft Limit: $5,000
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Thorough knowledge of banking policies, procedures, products and services.
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Able to plan, schedule and organize professional schedule to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Able to provide a high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality customer service and ability to meet or exceed service goals.
- Able to analyze and record detailed information.
- Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact.
Industry and Work Experience:
- 3 or more years of experience as a Commercial Banking Assistant or equivalent position.
- Banking compliance or risk management experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)