Assistant Controller - Oppty with Growing Insurance Org!
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Controller and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Accountant looking for advance their career or for someone who wants more visibility in their role.
Why You Should Apply to this Assistant Controller Position:
- This insurance organization has global presence in over 10 countries with plans for further expansion.
- The company works hard to understand both local and global markets in order to provide exceptional customer service to meet client needs.
- The establishment prides themselves in supporting local communities through fundraising campaigns and volunteer work.
- They have also made charitable donations in support of health and education.
- This role is highly visible and will allow you to make an impact.
- Strong company management emphasizing a focus on growth and development.
- A flexible, hardworking and rewarding environment.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller:
- The Assistant Controller will be heavily involved in program accounting, including the review and oversight of the work completed by the offshore team.
- Coordinate and manage the responsibilities of the close.
- The Assistant Controller will complete a daily review of all journal entries.
- Summarize insurance premium and loss data prior to posting to the general ledger.
- The Assistant Controller will complete the analysis and preparation of accruals.
- Heavy involvement in the close process and general accounting duties.
- Maintain the close calendar and reporting package to the United Kingdom.
- Help develop staff by managing performance, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Serve as the right hand person to the President and CEO and help with key decisions to continuously move the company forward.
- The Assistant Controller will assist with weekly reporting, ad hoc analysis and other projects as requested.
Minimum requirements of the Assistant Controller:
- MBA or CPA strongly preferred
- Progressive accounting background with supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in an insurance or reinsurance environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP